Dealing with gastrointestinal (GI) cancer and its effects can be a challenging, long-term journey. Our team of GI cancer care experts is with you for every step of that journey.
Specialists from multiple fields work together to hand-craft a treatment plan just for you. You’ll receive world-class care for every aspect of your life affected by GI cancer.
Why Choose Us for Gastrointestinal Cancer Care
- Multidisciplinary care team: Our multidisciplinary team works together daily to bring you solutions from every available area of cancer care. Your treatments and surgeries are handled by specialists in specific organs, giving you the best care available.
- Offering leading-edge treatments: Our cancer clinical trials offer you access to potential new treatments. If you’re facing limited options, breakthrough therapies may be available for you.
- Only center in the region offering HIPEC: We’re the only cancer center in the region that performs hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC). If your cancer has spread within your abdomen, HIPEC can offer improved quality of life and better treatment outcomes.
- Experts in specific cancer types: Our team includes physicians with expertise in treating stage IV peritoneal surface malignancy (PSM). Our team also includes world-renowned experts in the robotic resection of GI cancers, from esophageal to rectal cancer.
Cancers and Conditions We Treat
GI cancers affect your digestive system, liver, gallbladder and bile ducts. It’s the most common cancer in the U.S. for both men and women, usually occurring in patients over 60.
As the only comprehensive cancer treatment center in the region, we treat all types of GI cancers, including:
- Anal cancer
- Bile duct cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Esophageal cancer, which affects the esophagus between the throat and stomach
- Endocrine tumors, found in organs involved in managing hormones
- Gallbladder cancer
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors, found in the lining of the GI tract
- Liver tumors, both primary (where the cancer started) and metastatic (where the cancer spread to)
- Neuroendocrine and carcinoid tumors, formed by rare, special cells anywhere in the body
- Pancreatic cancer
- Primary peritoneal cancer, which affects the lining of the abdomen
- Rectal cancer
- Small intestine cancer
- Stomach cancer
Treatment for Gastrointestinal Cancer
Treatment for gastrointestinal cancer depends on the person, specific cancer type and stage. No matter your unique needs, our cancer care team is here to support you physically, mentally and spiritually.
Your care plan may include medication, radiation therapy, nonsurgical procedures, surgery and supportive care. It’s likely we’ll use more than one of these options to ensure your best possible outcome.