At Loma Linda University Health, we are dedicated to helping our patients, our community and people around the world live healthier. Recognition of that dedication — from Physician Recognition Awards to Leapfrog Top Hospital Awards — is an opportunity to recommit to our mission.
U.S. News & World Report
The annual U.S. News & World Report best hospitals study ranks nearly 5,000 medical centers in the nation.
Nationally Ranked Services 2022-2023
The Leapfrog Group
With rigorous standards and high competition, Leapfrog Top Hospital Awards are some of the greatest honors a hospital can receive.
Magnet — Recognition in Nursing Excellence
The American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) awards Magnet Recognition for excellence in nursing. Magnet is the highest honor a healthcare organization can receive for professional nursing practice, earned by only 9% of U.S. healthcare organizations.
Certifications & Accreditations
Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification: The Loma Linda University Medical Center became the first hospital in the region to earn its Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification. This is the highest level of certification, given only to hospitals that meet the highest standards of complex stroke care.
Quality Accredited Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons (ACS): The Loma Linda University Cancer Center earned its national accreditation as an Academic Comprehensive Cancer program. The accreditation verifies the program's capability and commitment to provide high-quality, multidisciplinary cancer care, and emotional support to patients and their family.
Quality Accredited Trauma Programs by the American College of Surgeons: The Loma Linda University Trauma Center earned its highest level trauma adult and peds (level I) accreditation. The accreditation verifies the program's excellence in trauma care.
High-Performing Services & Treatments
U.S. News & World Report High Performing Services 2022-2023
Loma Linda University Medical Center was recognized as high performing in 21 areas:
- Aortic valve surgery
- Back surgery
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Colon cancer surgery
- Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery
- Heart attack
- Heart bypass surgery
- Heart failure
- Hip fracture
- Kidney failure
- Lung cancer surgery
- Prostate cancer surgery
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
ACCC – Innovator Award 2017: The Loma Linda University Health Cancer Center was recognized for its innovative program that encourages RN career development in oncology. The program is an effective tool to minimize staffing shortages and provide better treatment to more patients.
American College of Cardiology Heart Attack Treatment Recognition: The Loma Linda University Medical Center is recognized as well-equipped to quickly evaluate, diagnose and treat chest pain.
American Heart Association Resuscitation Quality: Loma Linda University Medical Center was awarded the Get With The Guidelines - Resuscitation Gold Award. The award recognizes our hospital for quality treatment for patients who suffer cardiac arrest. The American Heart Association also awarded LLU Medical Center with the Get with The Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite.
Comprehensive Epilepsy Center - NAEC – Level 4 Epilepsy Center: The Loma Linda University Health Comprehensive Epilepsy Center was re-accredited as a level 4 epilepsy center. This highest-level designation means the epilepsy center provides the most advanced medical and surgical evaluations and treatments.
- Hospital Safety Grade 2022 - Leapfrog
- Hospital Safety Grade "A" Fall 2020 - Leapfrog
- Hospital Safety Grade "A" Spring 2020 - Leapfrog
- Hospital Safety Grade "A" Fall 2018 & Spring 2019 - Leapfrog
- Top 100 in Consumer Loyalty 2017-2018 - NRC Health
- Excellence and Improvement Best Practice Awards 2017 - NRC Health
Top Workplace Awards
- 2019 Great Colleges to Work For & Honor Roll Institution - ModernThink's Great Colleges to Work For - Loma Linda University
- 2019 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare - Becker's Hospital Review - Loma Linda University Health
- 2018 Top Workplace - Inland News Group - Loma Linda University Health
- 2018 Best Place to Work in Healthcare - Modern Healthcare - Surgical Hospital
- 2017 Best Place to Work in Healthcare - Modern Healthcare - Behavioral Medicine Center