At Loma Linda University Health, we are dedicated to helping our patients, our community and people around the world live healthier. Recognition of that dedication — from Physician Recognition Awards to Leapfrog Top Hospital Awards — is an opportunity to recommit to our mission.
U.S. News & World Report
The annual U.S. News & World Report best hospitals study ranks nearly 5,000 medical centers in the nation.
The Leapfrog Group
With rigorous standards and high competition, Leapfrog Top Hospital Awards are some of the greatest honors a hospital can receive.
- Top Children's Hospital 2018 - Leapfrog Group
- Top Teaching Hospital 2018 - Leapfrog Group
- Top Children's Hospital 2017 - Leapfrog Group
Certifications & Accreditations
Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification: The Loma Linda University Medical Center became the first hospital in the region to earn its Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification. This is the highest level of certification, given only to hospitals that meet the highest standards of complex stroke care.
"Families across the Inland Empire and from around the world have trusted Loma Linda University Medical Center to be ready when their need is the greatest."
High-Performing Services & Treatments
U.S. News & World Report High Performing Services 2019-2020: Specialties of the Loma Linda University Medical Center were recognized as high performing in seven areas:
- Gastroenterology & Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Colon cancer surgery
- Cardiology for heart failure, aortic valve surgery and heart bypass surgery
- Pulmonary care for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Orthopedics for knee replacement
U.S. News & World Report High Performing Service 2018-2019: Four specialties of the Loma Linda University Medical Center were recognized as high performing.
Comprehensive Epilepsy Center - NAEC – Level 4 Epilepsy Center: The Loma Linda University Health Comprehensive Epilepsy Center was re-accredited as a level 4 epilepsy center. This highest-level designation means the epilepsy center provides the most advanced medical and surgical evaluations and treatments.
American College of Cardiology Heart Attack Treatment Recognition: The Loma Linda University Medical Center is recognized as well-equipped to quickly evaluate, diagnose and treat chest pain.
American Heart Association Resuscitation Quality: Both Loma Linda University Medical Center and Children's Hospital were awarded the Get With The Guidelines - Resuscitation Silver Award. The award recognizes each of these hospitals for quality treatment for patients who suffer cardiac arrest.
ACCC – Innovator Award 2017: The Loma Linda University Health Cancer Center was recognized for its innovative program that encourages RN career development in oncology. The program is an effective tool to minimize staffing shortages and provide better treatment to more patients.
Cancer Program National Accreditation: The Loma Linda University Medical Center - Murrieta Cancer Program earned its national accreditation in 2017. The accreditation verifies the program's capability to provide excellent quality of care for cancer patients.
Top Workplace Awards
- 2019 Great Colleges to Work For & Honor Roll Institution - ModernThink's Great Colleges to Work For - Loma Linda University
- 2019 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare - Becker's Hospital Review - Loma Linda University Health
- 2018 Top Workplace - Inland News Group - Loma Linda University Health
- 2018 Best Place to Work in Healthcare - Modern Healthcare - Surgical Hospital
- 2017 Best Place to Work in Healthcare - Modern Healthcare - Behavioral Medicine Center