The mission of Loma Linda University Health is to continue the teaching and healing ministry of Jesus Christ. We are committed “To make man whole,” in a setting of advancing medical science and providing a stimulating clinical and research environment for the education of physicians, nurses and other health professionals.
Transforming lives through education, healthcare and research.
Value Definition: Reflects the love of God with respect, mercy and empathy.
- Listens to others with kindness and concern.
- Consistently treats others with courtesy.
- Encourages an environment that is inclusive.
- Anticipates and responds to the needs and suffering of others.
Value Definition: Exceeds expectations with effectiveness, reliability and efficiency.
- Carefully analyzes and balances all aspects of each decision.
- Establishes high standards for exceptional Mission-Focused Learning and quality health care.
- Participates in education and clinical care that is evidence-based.
- Takes all necessary measures to ensure personal and collective safe practices.
Value Definition: Puts self-importance aside for the greater good of others.
- Relates to others with selfless caring.
- Learns from teachable moments.
- Treats everyone with thoughtfulness and patience.
- Lives life with a commitment to service.
Value Definition: Carries out actions with honesty and trustworthiness.
- Builds dependability through honest communication with others.
- Respects personal and academic freedom.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Holds self and others accountable for actions.
Value Definition: Commits to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Considers how one’s actions will affect others and the environment around.
- Calls out actions that are in conflict with our values.
- Supports efforts to remove systemic barriers.
- Protects the dignity and worth of all individuals.
- Works toward quality healthcare access for all.
Value Definition: Collaborates to achieve a shared purpose.
- Recognizes, understands and celebrates the unique strengths of all team members.
- Shares knowledge and learning opportunities for team growth.
- Recognizes the contributions of others and affirms their successes.
- Participates willingly whenever needs arise.
Value Definition: Loved by God, growing in health, living with purpose in community.
- Supports the spiritual value of faith-based education and health care.
- Demonstrates a positive, peaceful and hopeful attitude.
- Promotes Christ’s healing ministry through prayer, positive relationships and a healthy lifestyle.
- Lives a life that is morally sound and moderate in all things.