Loma Linda University Health is committed to providing the information you need to make informed decisions about your healthcare. As part of our commitment to you, we now post our providers’ patient satisfaction ratings online.
About Our Survey
We’re focused on providing an exceptional experience in every care interaction. We collect ratings from actual patients on all aspects of patient satisfaction. To ensure we’re holding ourselves to the highest standards, we partner with an independent patient satisfaction company, NRC Health. NRC Health is a leading company in the patient satisfaction industry that:
- Verifies all ratings submitted about our providers.
- Provides the technology to display ratings and comments on our provider profile pages.
Who receives the survey?
After an appointment, the survey is sent to all of our patients within a few days. Patients are asked to complete the survey and provide comments regarding specific aspects of care. We use this feedback to improve and enhance the care we offer.
Do you post all comments?
Loma Linda University Health is committed to transparency. That means posting all relevant feedback — whether it’s positive or negative. However, we do not post libelous or profane comments, or comments that risk the privacy of our patients. Every provider rating is published regardless of comment status.
What questions do you ask?
We use the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems Clinician & Group Survey (CG-CAHPS). The survey asks patients to evaluate how well their provider communicated, listened and showed courtesy and respect toward them. Results are used to evaluate patients’ overall perception of care and to identify areas for improvement.
We calculate our star ratings based on patient responses to the following questions:
Provider Communication Questions
- Did this provider explain things in a way that was easy to understand?
- Did this provider listen carefully to you?
- Did this provider give you easy to understand instructions about taking care of these health problems or concerns?
- Did this provider show respect for what you had to say?
- Did this provider spend enough time with you?
Overall Rating Question
- Using any number from 0 to 10, where 0 is the worst provider possible and 10 is the best provider possible, what number would you use to rate this provider?
The CG-CAHPS survey was developed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. CG-CAHPS is recognized for its scientific rigor, reliability and credibility, and is used in hospitals and medical practices across the country.
Why don't I see patient ratings and comments for every provider?
If there are no ratings or comments for a provider, the provider either:
- Only provides care as part of a team in the hospital.
- Has not yet received the minimum number of reviews.
A provider’s rating will only be posted on the website with a minimum of 30 surveys completed in a 12-month period. This requirement ensures the rating is valid and a true reflection of the patient experience.
Can anyone complete a survey or post a comment about a provider?
No. Only patients who had an outpatient visit with a Loma Linda University Health provider may be selected to receive a survey. The ratings are based entirely on responses from patients who have actually been treated by the provider.
How is patient information protected?
Patient names are not displayed through the online ratings and commentary reviews. All personally identifiable information is removed prior to display.