Visiting loved ones in the hospital is an important part of the healing process, so we want to help make your visit as comfortable as possible. Learn all about visiting patients at our facilities and the resources available during your visit.
Visiting hours and privileges vary depending on the patient’s condition and which hospital area they’re in. The best way to get your loved one’s visiting hours is to call the patient information desk at 909-558-4000 or speak to staff in their area. During your visit, please remember:
- Waiting rooms are open each day from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- You’ll have to stay in the waiting room during any type of procedure.
- You should stay in the same area so your loved one’s care team can find you if needed.
- If you plan to leave temporarily, please report to a staff member in the waiting area.
- No food, drinks or bedding supplies (pillows, blankets) are allowed in the waiting rooms.
- If your loved one will be in the hospital overnight, you should plan to stay at a hotel (like the nearby Loma Linda Inn). In certain situations, immediate family may be able to sleep in the hospital. Please ask a nurse about requesting a sleeping permit.
To better serve our diverse community, we offer interpreter services free of charge for both patients and family. If you need an interpreter for Spanish, sign language or any other language, our staff can request one for you. Our professional interpreters:
- Care about helping you understand your health
- Communicate messages completely and accurately
- Clarify information to avoid potential misunderstandings
To learn more about interpretation and translation services for your language, call the information desk at 909-558-4000, ext. 43115 or view our language assistance services policy.
Servicios de Traducción
Nuestra misión es servir a nuestra comunidad, por lo que ofrecemos servicios gratuitos de traducción para nuestros pacientes. Si necesita traducción al español, lenguaje de señas o cualquier otro idioma, tenemos intérpretes disponibles. Cualquier miembro del personal puede ayudarlo a comunicarse con el intérprete apropiado.
Si necesita servicios de traducción, llame al 909-558-4000, ext. 43115.
Flowers and Deliveries
You can send flowers and other permitted items directly to a patient's hospital room. To find out which items are permitted, please ask a staff member in your loved one’s area beforehand.
Loma Linda University Medical Center / Children’s Hospital
11234 Anderson St.
Loma Linda, CA 92354
Wheelchairs and Assistance
Hosts are available at the Medical Center and the Faculty Medical Office to help you into the building. If you need a wheelchair, please speak with a staff member for assistance.