Loma Linda University Health partners with you for your patients’ medical needs. We’re here to guide you through our simple referral and authorization process.
If you need help contacting the specialty you need at Loma Linda University Health, please call the physician referral line at 800-872-1212 to be directed to the correct department. You can also use our "provider search" or "Services and treatments" tab above to find the direct phone number for the specialty you need.
Referral and Authorization Process
For the most efficient processing, referrals and authorizations should include:
- Patient demographics, including patient name, date of birth, contact phone number, address and sex.
- Patient’s insurance information
- Referring physician and group or facility name
- Department the patient is being referred to
- All relevant clinical documentation
- Procedure code(s)
- Valid dates for the authorization
Sending Referrals or Authorizations
For your convenience, referrals and authorizations can be sent in several ways.