Loma Linda University Health CareConnect transforms the way care is delivered throughout your practice or health system. CareConnect allows you to implement our integrated system, which creates a single, shared patient record for better coordination of care.
Providers receive the full benefit of Epic's electronic medical record (EMR) system, configured to meet their needs.
- Centralized database for patient records
- Coordinated care for improved outcomes
- Accessible around the clock and updated in real-time
- Access to Epic's Overall Software Suite, rated Best in KLAS
Options and features
- EpicCare Ambulatory, top-rated by KLAS
- EpicCare Inpatient Suite for hospitals, ranked No. 1 by KLAS
- Loma Linda University Health systems and operational experts for implementation, training and ongoing support
What is Epic?
Epic is an integrated electronic health record (EHR) system and a practice management software. Epic provides a database that can be shared across your clinics, your revenue functions and into your patients’ homes. Epic’s EHR is used in:
- Community hospitals
- Academic medical centers
- Children’s organizations
- Safety net providers
- Retail clinics
- Multi-specialty groups
- Integrated delivery networks
- Rehab centers
- Skilled nursing
- Independent practice
What is CareConnect?
CareConnect is a Loma Linda University Health program which allows us to extend our Epic EHR system to your facilities. Through CareConnect, Loma Linda University Health and all of our affiliate partners benefit from a single, shared EHR.
You gain access to an integrated portal, called CareLink, where providers can:
- Stay up to date with your patients
- Submit referrals
- Order labs and imaging
- Schedule visits
- And more
What is the benefit?
CareConnect provides users instant access to a broad range of the patient’s clinical history. Sharing a single EHR system creates a virtual connection between physicians and patients for improved coordination and outcomes.
Further, your office does not need to support the servers or data storage. You take care of your patients — we’ll take care of the system needs.
What do I get?
- Licensing, implementation, training and ongoing support of the EHR system.
- Instant access to lab, radiology and other documents in the patient’s health record as they are completed.
- Up-to-date templates streamlined for ease of documenting patient encounters.
- Seamless integration between registration, scheduling, clinical documentation and billing.
- Automated billing and charging triggered by documenting your clinical care.
- The ability to keep billing and scheduling separate and private to your practice.
- Direct access to a master patient index containing all Loma Linda University Health patients’ clinical history.
- Quicker payments when choosing the option to submit your claims electronically.
- A standard reporting system to help manage your practice and accounts receivable.
How long will it take to install?
Installation time depends on the complexity of your practice or hospital workflow. Please contact us to learn more.
Who will install it?
Our Application Services and training teams will support the installation.
Will my data be secure?
Yes. Loma Linda University Health has a robust disaster recovery system in place for its EHR applications. This system is tested on a regular basis to ensure data security.
Will I get training?
Yes. Your entire staff will receive both online and classroom training specific to their job function. Introductory training will be provided before the system goes live. Ongoing training is also provided with system upgrades.
What if I have a problem or need ongoing support?
Our Service Desk, Application Services and training teams will be prepared to answer your questions and address any issues that arise.