Bone cancer and soft tissue cancer are rare — and so is the care you’ll find at our Cancer Center. Our team of experts guides you through your treatment journey with compassion, expertise and the latest treatments.
These cancers can start almost anywhere in the body, including bones, muscles, nerves, fat, blood vessels and other tissues. No matter where your cancer formed, our experts can help you get the treatment you need.
Why Choose Us for Bone and Soft Tissue Cancer Care
- We’re the only bone and soft tissue cancer program in the region.
- As a high-volume center, we perform more than 500 surgical cases yearly — so you get the expert care you need.
- Our doctors help bring treatment breakthroughs from the lab to the bedside, which means you get the latest treatment options.
- Our PossAbilities program helps amputees and patients with various disabilities live active and healthy lives.
Cancers and Conditions We Treat
There are many types of bone and soft tissue cancers, and some are very rare. We treat all cancerous and non-cancerous tumors that start in bone and soft tissue, including:
- Benign (non-cancerous) tumors of the musculoskeletal system (your muscles, bones and other connective tissues)
- Soft tissue sarcoma, a cancer that forms in soft tissues
- Osteosarcoma, the most common bone cancer
- Chondrosarcoma, which starts in cartilage and is the second most common bone cancer
- Ewing sarcoma, a very rare cancer most common in children and teens
- Fibrosarcoma, a rare cancer that starts in fibrous tissues
- Pleomorphic sarcoma (or malignant fibrous histiocytoma), which forms in either bone or soft tissue in the legs, arms or back of the abdomen