Our highly respected specialists work as a team to partner with you in your journey to become healthy. That’s why we customize a treatment plan just for your condition. Our nurse navigator will make sure you are not alone in your journey. With 11 Centers of Excellence, the latest technology and clinical trials, we are here for you.
Why Choose Loma Linda University Cancer Center
- State-of-the-art, non-invasive diagnostic and therapeutic cancer techniques
- Latest cancer imaging and molecular diagnostics
- Targeted approach to cancer treatment
- World’s most experienced proton therapy center
- Leaders in radiation oncology
- Immunotherapy treatments
- Pediatric and adult bone marrow transplant
- Palliative care support
- Cancer surgery expertise, including robotics and minimally invasive surgery
- Subspecialty experts in all areas of cancer
Proton Therapy Treatment
Proton therapy treatment, or proton radiation therapy, is the most precise and advanced form of radiation beam therapy available. It is painless and non-invasive so you can keep your quality of life and quickly resume normal activities.
The James M. Slater, MD Proton Treatment and Research Center is the first hospital-based treatment center in the world. With over 25 years experience in using proton therapy to treat disease, our expertise is unsurpassed.
We are the only cancer treatment center in the region that performs Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC). This treatment targets the peritoneal spread of cancer from the appendix, colon and stomach, peritoneal mesothelioma and primary peritoneal malignancy.
Here’s why this is important:
- HIPEC is given as a single treatment instead of the standard weeks or months of chemotherapy
- The treatment goes directly to the cancer, minimizing the risks of toxicity and side effects
- Higher dose delivered to the affected area
- More effective at killing any remaining cancer cells
Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
The Breast Health Center offers cancer risk assessments that gauge your risk for developing breast cancer or carrying a cancer-causing gene mutation. This information is used to either guide you in Breast Cancer Genetic Testing for your level of risk, or to obtain genetic testing for a cancer-causing gene.
If you have not developed cancer, we have the ability to aggressively screen and potentially prevent cancer in high-risk women using this risk assessment tool.
If you have already been diagnosed with breast cancer, this risk assessment tool can help to gauge if you have a much higher chance of developing a second cancer.
Low Dose CT Lung Screening
Because symptoms only appear when lung cancer is at an advanced stage, a lung cancer screening could save your life. Our low dose CT lung screening can detect lung cancer at an early stage and can be cured by surgery. Low dose CT is less expensive and safer than invasive procedures.