If you are very sick and unable to undergo surgery, interventional radiology is the best cancer treatment option. Due to its precision and minimally invasive techniques, interventional radiology is often successful in improving quality of life and managing your symptoms independently while undergoing care.
Why Choose Us
- Minimally invasive procedures: Our doctors use imaging to perform procedures with greater accuracy and far less negative impact on your body.
- Team-based, research-backed approach: Our interventional radiology team works closely with surgical, medical, and radiation oncologists to determine the most effective course of treatment for you.
- Whole-person care and support: We provide whole-person care that focuses on your mind, body, and spiritual health.
Interventional Radiology Treatments
While interventional radiologists perform most biopsies (tests to determine if a tumor is cancerous), doctors can also use imaging for highly precise, advanced cancer treatments such as:
- Embolization: A procedure that places a particle directly into a tumor to treat it from the inside. Particles vary in type and function — some are simply plastic beads designed to stop blood flow to the tumor, while others contain chemotherapy or radiation to treat the cancer more directly.
- Tumor ablation: A procedure that either burns or freezes a tumor from the inside. This procedure is often permanently successful in removing cancer.
Take the Next Step
When you are diagnosed with cancer, you want treatment from an expert team you can trust. You may be referred to the Loma Linda University Cancer Center by your primary care physician or an emergency department. For more information, please call 1-800-78-CANCER (800-782-2623).