Sometimes, mental health conditions like depression, mania or catatonia can’t be treated by medications or other therapies. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is a safe and effective alternative that may be able to provide you with relief.
Though early forms of ECT gave the procedure a bad reputation, it’s much safer and more commonly used today. Our goal with ECT is to help you overcome the crippling effects of psychiatric disorder and restore balance to your life.
Why Choose Us
- Experience you can trust: Our team performs ECT more than most providers in the region. Our ECT experts have been providing safe and effective treatment to patients like you for over 50 years.
- Caring environment: We want you to feel safe and secure during treatment. We offer a dedicated ECT suite for patients and families, as well as new patient tours prior to your procedure.
- All the specialists you need: Every aspect of your treatment is considered and taken care of by a full team of specialists. If you need further care, we’ll connect you with the right specialists throughout the Loma Linda University Health system.
- Ongoing support: Treating mental health conditions can be a long-term battle with ups and downs. We’re by your side every step of the way with continued treatments and powerful support resources like outpatient therapy.
Conditions We Treat
- Major depressive disorder
- Catatonia, or abnormal movements (often caused by schizophrenia)
- Bipolar disorder