Loma Linda University Behavioral Medicine Center is one of the few hospitals able to serve the needs of the rapidly growing number of seniors ages 55 and up in the Inland Empire.
Our approach has a strong emphasis on meeting a senior’s need for independence. Treatment includes assessment and diagnosis, symptom management, caregiver and family education, a structured therapeutic environment and aftercare planning.
We offer a therapeutic setting that considers the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of our elderly patient population.
Why Choose Us for Senior Mental Health Care
- Catering to the unique needs of patients 55 and up: We are one of the only hospitals in the Inland Empire that focuses on serving the mental health needs of people age 55 and older.
- Customized to patient and family: Our team will create a personalized care plan just for you, your family, and your caregiver team. We focus on supporting the entire family with the goal of restoring hope, courage, and resiliency.
- Intensive outpatient treatment for common concerns: Our Wisdom program for seniors offers intensive outpatient treatment for anxiety, depression, grief and loss, life stage changes, mild to moderate memory complaints, and other mental health concerns.
- Boosting memories, extending lives: By participating in the UCLA Longevity Center’s Memory Fitness Program, seniors suffering from age-related memory challenges can help improve their memory abilities.
- Full spectrum of treatment: From hospitalization to treat urgent needs through outpatient follow-up care, we are here to support you throughout all steps of your mental health treatment journey.
What senior mental health issues do you treat?
- Depression and thoughts of suicide
- Racing thoughts
- Anxiety and stress
- Substance abuse
- A loss of the ability to care for themselves
- Diminished sensory skills
- Changes in memory and thinking
- Possible dementia
- Physical concerns combined with emotional problems
- Abuse or neglect
- Difficulty with the management of medications
- Sudden or unexplained behavior outbursts
- Medical complications
Our Treatment Focus
- Improved mood and psychiatric stabilization
- A streamlined medication regime
- Maximized self-care
- Diminished sense of anxiety
- A clear plan of care after hospitalization