Your health and safety is still our top priority. Appointments are available as video visits, phone calls or in-person visits as needed, with the same safe, world-class care you expect.
Loma Linda University Behavioral Medicine Center is one of the few hospitals able to serve the needs of the rapidly growing number of seniors ages 55 and up in the Inland Empire.
Our approach has a strong emphasis on meeting a senior’s need for independence. Treatment includes assessment and diagnosis, symptom management, caregiver and family education, a structured therapeutic environment and aftercare planning.
We offer a therapeutic setting that considers the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of our elderly patient population.
Why Choose Loma Linda University Behavioral Health
- Inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient care.
- Close partnership with family and caregivers during treatment and in planning for after discharge care.
- Wisdom program for seniors, offering intensive outpatient treatment for anxiety, depression, grief and loss, life stage changes, mild to moderate memory complaints and other mental health symptoms.
- Participation in the UCLA Longevity Center’s Memory Fitness Program to help improve memory abilities of older adults suffering from age-related memory challenges.
What senior mental health issues do you treat?
- Depression and thoughts of suicide
- Racing thoughts
- Anxiety and stress
- Substance abuse
- A loss of the ability to care for themselves
- Diminished sensory skills
- Changes in memory and thinking
- Possible dementia
- Physical concerns combined with emotional problems
- Abuse or neglect
- Difficulty with the management of medications
- Sudden or unexplained behavior outbursts
- Medical complications
Our Treatment Focus
- Improved mood and psychiatric stabilization
- A streamlined medication regime
- Maximized self-care
- Diminished sense of anxiety
- A clear plan of care after hospitalization