If you or a loved one suffers from an eating disorder such as anorexia or bulimia, we can help. Our eating disorders program helps adolescents and adults who use food to cope with stress, anxiety or other conflicts build a healthy relationship with food.
Why Choose Loma Linda University Eating Disorder Programs
- Focus on individual medical and mental health needs
- Outpatient and partial hospitalization programs with help after discharge
- Partnership with family members and friends to increase the effectiveness of treatment
- Specialized in treating those with anorexia and bulimia, while addressing other mental and behavioral health issues such as depression, anxiety and substance use that may be present
What are common symptoms of an eating disorder?
Those with an eating disorder typically exercise unhealthy behaviors such as undereating, purging, laxative, diet pills and diuretic use, as well as excessive exercising and weight fluctuation.
Our eating disorder services include:
- Individual and family therapy groups
- Nutrition counseling
- Art therapy
- Structured meals
- Goals, coping, and life skills
- Meal planning
- Stress management
- Spiritual care
- Community and school reintegration
- Relapse prevention