"I was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver in 2016 due to my autoimmune disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was admitted to the hospital due to complications and ten days later, I received my liver transplant. Through the knowledge of the doctors and staff at Loma Linda University Medical Center, I survived. I do believe that Loma Linda University Health saved my life."
At the Loma Linda University Health Transplant Institute, we treat a wide range of liver diseases with liver transplants, managing your illness with personalized support and the most effective therapies. As part of an academic medical center, our hepatologists conduct extensive clinical research and educational efforts so you have access to the latest diagnostics and treatments. Our patients come from across California and out of state for our specialized care.
Why Choose Loma Linda University Liver Transplant
- Comprehensive Liver Center
- Doubled the number of liver transplants in the last two years
- Regional leader in transplant care for children and adults
- Serving the Inland Empire and nearby desert regions, eastern Orange county and southern Nevada
- Satellite liver clinic in Las Vegas for pre- and post-surgical care
- All transplant physicians have extensive transplant experience and are board certified
- Support groups offered twice a month for recipients and families
Liver Transplant Prehabilitation Program
Transplant patients and their caregivers are invited to participate in a free program provided by the Loma Linda University Health Liver Transplant Prehabilitation team. This team will work to help you with:
- Strength and endurance
- Increasing overall health and well-being
- Mental functioning
- Information and education for you and your caregiver throughout your journey Prehabilitation can help improve recovery and function after surgery. Call (909) 558-3728 to learn more.