"I was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver in 2016 due to my autoimmune disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was admitted to the hospital due to complications and ten days later, I received my liver transplant. Through the knowledge of the doctors and staff at Loma Linda University Medical Center, I survived. I do believe that Loma Linda University Health saved my life."
At the Loma Linda University Health Transplant Institute, we treat a wide range of liver diseases with liver transplants, managing your illness with personalized support and the most effective therapies. As part of an academic medical center, our hepatologists conduct extensive clinical research and educational efforts so you have access to the latest diagnostics and treatments. Our patients come from across California and out of state for our specialized care.
Why Choose Us for Liver Transplant
- Long-standing tradition of excellence: Our world-class liver transplant team has a 50-year legacy of innovative organ transplantation. We have a comprehensive Liver Center, and we are the regional leader in transplant care for adults.
- Convenient locations for ongoing support: We proudly serve southern California and beyond with a satellite liver clinic in Las Vegas. We offer active, ongoing support groups for transplant recipients and their families.
- Expert, multidisciplinary team: All transplant physicians have extensive transplant experience and are board-certified. A multidisciplinary team reviews each case for transplant suitability.
- Comprehensive, whole-person care: We use a coordinated team approach, including doctors, nurses, social workers, pharmacists, dietitians, and immunology specialists. Our whole-person care focuses on mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual health. We offer spiritual care and counseling services for our patients and families.
Liver Transplant Prehabilitation Program
Transplant patients and their caregivers are invited to participate in a free program provided by the Loma Linda University Health Liver Transplant Prehabilitation team. This team will work to help you with:
- Strength and endurance
- Increasing overall health and well-being
- Mental functioning
- Information and education for you and your caregiver throughout your journey Prehabilitation can help improve recovery and function after surgery. Call 909-588-3728 to learn more.