"My entire adult life I’ve been ill with heart disease. The team at Loma Linda University Health Transplant Institute held me together during some of my darkest times during my journey. They are truly angels! Finally, I am living life to the fullest!"
Your health and safety is still our top priority. Appointments are available as video visits, phone calls or in-person visits as needed, with the same safe, world-class care you expect.
Our comprehensive approach means we are not only focused on the transplantation surgery, but also support you throughout the process. From referral to surgery and recovery, we’re committed to caring for you throughout your transplant journey.
Why Choose Loma Linda University Transplant Institute
- 50-year legacy of innovative organ transplantation, including pioneering infant heart transplantation
- 99% survival rate for transplants in 2017
- Serving southern California and beyond with satellite clinics in Las Vegas and the Coachella Valley
- All transplant physicians have extensive transplant experience and are board-certified
- Multi-disciplinary team reviews each case for transplant suitability
- Coordinated team approach including doctors, nurses, social workers, pharmacists, dietitians and immunology specialists
- Active, ongoing support groups for recipients and family members
- Focus on whole person care includes mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health
As a pioneer in heart transplant, we ensure high-risk adult, pediatric and infant heart patients are treated with world-class care. You’ll be supported with unmatched expertise, including the world’s largest experience in infant heart transplantation.
With nearly 3,000 kidney transplants and 200 kidney-pancreas transplants, our kidney transplant program is recognized worldwide for experience and leadership in transplantations.
All of our transplant physicians are board-certified and have extensive transplantation experience. In fact, we’ve doubled the number of liver transplants conducted in the last two years. From initial evaluation to post-transplant care, we’re committed to your complete care at our Comprehensive Liver Center.
Pancreas Transplant and Surgery
Our expert providers will evaluate your condition to determine if you are a candidate for pancreas surgery or transplant. Successful pancreas or kidney-pancreas transplant recipients who were living with type -1 diabetes often live a normal lifestyle, free from insulin injections, dialysis, and other diabetic complications. Our physicians and support teams will work with you throughout the process to ensure you have the support you need.
Along with our Liver Transplant program, the Hepatology/Liver Disease program offers personalized support and care, including for end-stage liver disease.