Your health and safety is still our top priority. Appointments are available as video visits, phone calls or in-person visits as needed, with the same safe, world-class care you expect.
We welcome patient referrals from physicians. Our seamless referral process keeps you up to date on your patient’s progress. Our comprehensive team will take care of your patient’s needs from the first appointment through recovery and beyond.
Refer by Phone
- Liver Transplant/Hepatology 909-558-3638
- Kidney and Pancreas Transplants 909-558-3797
- Heart Transplant 909-558-4201
Referral Information Needed
For optimal patient care, we recommend the following information prior to securing an appointment. Our intake coordinators are available to help obtain this information. Once you connect with our intake coordinators, they will work with you throughout the entire referral process.
- Complete blood counts.
- Prothrombin time/international normalized ratio.
- Radiology scans: US, CT, MRI.
- Liver biopsy (if applicable).
- Insurance information.
- Comprehensive metabolic panel.
- Labs: hepatitis A, B, C.
- List of gastroenterology procedures.
- Referring physician notes.
- Patient demographic information.
- Referring physician clinic notes.
- Insurance information and authorization.
- Dialysis information (if indicated).
- Labs: complete blood count, comprehensive metabolic panel and PTH.
- Referral from PCP/insurance for transplant evaluation.
- Last visit note from cardiologist/PCP.
- Echocardiogram (images if possible).
- Last coronary angiogram, right heart cath report (images if possible).
- Metabolic panel, HgbA1C.
- Height and weight.
- Demographic sheet.
- Insurance card front and back.
Once you refer a patient, you will receive a letter from the Loma Linda University Health Transplant Institute updating you on your patient's status. You will also receive an update letter when the patient has transplanted.