We welcome patient referrals from physicians. Our seamless referral process keeps you up to date on your patient’s progress. Our comprehensive team will take care of your patient’s needs from the first appointment through recovery and beyond.
Referral Contact Information
- Liver Transplant/Hepatology 909-558-3638
- Kidney and Pancreas Transplants 909-558-3797
- Heart Transplant 909-558-4201
Referral Authorization Process
For optimal patient care, we recommend the following information prior to securing an appointment:
- Complete blood counts.
- Prothrombin time/international normalized ratio.
- Radiology scans: US, CT, MRI.
- Liver biopsy (if applicable).
- Insurance information.
- Comprehensive metabolic panel.
- Labs: hepatitis A, B, C.
- List of gastroenterology procedures.
- Referring physician notes.
Our intake coordinator may request additional information. Once you connect with our intake coordinators, they will work with you throughout the entire referral process.
Once you refer a patient, you will receive a letter from the Loma Linda University Health Transplant Institute updating you on your patient's status. You will also receive an update letter when the patient has transplanted.