Our pancreas transplant surgeons performed more transplants in 2017 than any other year in our history. We specialize in solitary pancreas transplantation, combined kidney-pancreas transplantation, pancreas after kidney transplantation and pancreas surgery.
Successful pancreas or kidney-pancreas transplant recipients often return to living a normal lifestyle, free from insulin injections, dialysis and other diabetic complications. As a result, these patients can enjoy a more normal quality of life, greater activity and independence.
We also perform pancreas surgeries for patients who qualify. Successful pancreas surgery patients may be able to avoid a pancreas transplant.
Why Choose Loma Linda University Pancreas Transplant and Surgery
- Performed 200 kidney-pancreas transplants
- Convenient satellite locations for pre-and post-surgical care
- Patient education before, during and after transplantation
- Post-surgery support groups to support your recovery
We specialize in pancreatic and kidney disease and provide:
- Systemic chemotherapy
- Proton beam therapy
- Combined modality therapy
- Endoscopic ultrasound for diagnosis and treatment
- Immunosuppressant drugs