“Our patients find the team approach at the Loma Linda University Health Epilepsy Center to be very helpful. They know they have a whole team by their side trying to help them get better.”
At the Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, our caring team works tirelessly with one goal in mind: to help you better manage your epilepsy and its symptoms so you can live a fuller, more productive life.
Why Choose Us for Epilepsy Care
- Support through the whole journey: From diagnosis to recovery, our team is here to guide your treatment journey.
- National leaders: We have been nationally recognized for providing the highest levels of epilepsy car. Your health is in the right hands at our center.
- Individualized treatment plan: Your treatment plan is created just for you with comprehensive diagnostic testing.
- Research and clinical trials: Our investigators are actively searching for new and better ways to offer you care. Their research includes clinical trials, which may offer you the opportunity to receive potential new treatments early.
Leading Epilepsy Care
We are proud to say we’ve earned the trust of our colleagues in the clinical care community. In fact, we’re recognized as a Level 4 center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) for providing the highest level of care for patients with complex epilepsy. Our care team includes leading adult and pediatric epileptologists with clinics in Loma Linda, Riverside and San Bernardino.
Using every possible resource, we’ll assess your needs and find the best options for treating your epilepsy. Identifying the best anticonvulsant medication is the first step to controlling seizures and experiencing good results. However, if you continue to have seizures despite trying several medicines, then medications may be just one part of your customized epilepsy treatment plan.
Innovative Epilepsy Treatments
Our talented doctors stay at the forefront of research and the development of new epilepsy treatments — all so we can offer you exciting new alternatives, such as responsive neurostimulation (RNS). Like a pacemaker to the brain, this adjustable device is implanted in the brain to actively monitor, detect and respond to seizures. We’re proud to be the first center in the Inland Empire to use RNS for the treatment of epilepsy.
You may also be a candidate to try newly developed medications undergoing clinical trials. We treat patients at every age and stage, offering a full spectrum of services to both children and adults with epilepsy.
All patients with epilepsy not responding to medication require an EEG to evaluate the seizures or seizure potential. This could be a brief outpatient EEG or an inpatient stay of several days in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit. We are passionate about accurately diagnosing your epilepsy, which is why we have assembled a highly skilled team of individuals to perform and interpret the most advanced diagnostic tools available. Your epilepsy team will work hard to help you and your doctors better understand your condition and symptoms. Our full array of diagnostic services includes:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG), both inpatient video EEG monitoring and outpatient EEG
- Ictal SPECT
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Neuropsychological testing
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
Advanced Epilepsy Surgery
Our goal is to end or reduce the number of seizures you’re experiencing so you can experience a better quality of life. If you’ve tried several drug therapies with little improvement, you may be a candidate for epilepsy surgery.