“The Comprehensive Epilepsy Center exists to help our patients improve their quality of life. Among other things, they benefit greatly from the team approach at Loma Linda University Health — nationally-recognized physicians with many specialties, all working together on their care plan.”
Epilepsy is a very challenging problem to treat. Despite nearly 20 medicines available to treat epilepsy in the United States today, failure of only two epilepsy medications means that any new medicine trial is unlikely to stop the seizures. This is called medically intractable epilepsy, which occurs in one out of three patients.
However, there is hope if you have medically intractable epilepsy. You may be a candidate for surgery with excellent results — in fact, many of our patients will have their seizures completely stopped or realize a substantial reduction in seizures.
Why Choose Loma Linda University Epilepsy Surgery
- Our Comprehensive Epilepsy Center is a leading center for epilepsy care as designated by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers
- Full spectrum of diagnostic services offered, including: inpatient video EEG monitoring and outpatient EEG, MRI, PET, ictal spect and neurological testing
- Individualized treatment plan for your condition
- Treatment plans may include medication management, surgery and collaboration with behavioral health professionals
Epilepsy Surgery Options
Our neurosurgeons understand how frightening and disruptive epilepsy can be. That’s why we collaborate with neurologists and other specialists to offer you multiple options for managing your condition. From minimally invasive procedures to more complex surgical techniques, your epilepsy care team will work with you to understand which option is best for you. Some of these options include:
- Laser ablation
- Multiple subpial transection
- Responsive neurostimulation (RNS)
- Robotic surgery
- Vagus nerve stimulation
Our goal is to end or at least reduce the number of seizures you are experiencing, so you can live the fullest life possible.
"I am beyond grateful with the care that I have received at Loma Linda University Health from the amazing staff. Dr. Boling saved my life, and the staff is amazing."
Pair establishes first physician-run epilepsy treatment centers in southeast African nationRead story