Online learning courses:
- Online Global Health Course (University of Minnesota Department of Medicine)
- Institute for International Medicine Courses
- Ethics, Quality, and Equality: Online Global Health Course
In person courses:
- In person lectures bi-monthly
- Global Health Current Issues
- Global Burden of Disease
- Intercultural communication and competence
- Locally informed research
1 or 2 months mentored international experience at our affiliated international sites.
Global-Local Service Opportunities
Loma Linda street medicine
Cornerstone free clinic
SACHS Gateway college mentoring
An academic project, research, a clinical vignette, village assessment, nutrition study, or community service project
Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH)
American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH)
American Academy of Family Medicine Global Health Workshop
Global Missions Health Conference
American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM)
Mentoring and Community Building
Each resident accepted to the concentration will be mentored by Global Health faculty.
An online platform will provide asynchronous support and community.
Monthly in-person gatherings will provide both individual support and academic accountability.