Thank you for your interest in Loma Linda University Health’s Graduate Medical Education programs. We seek qualified individuals who have demonstrated commitment to the mission of Loma Linda University Health and who have clear future commitments to participate in the medical outreach of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Most of our programs participate in the:
- National Residency Matching Program
- Electronic Residency Application System
- San Francisco Central Application System
- Urology Match
How to Apply
Applicants must complete the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application with a signed statement indicating that the information in the application is true. Applications from other central application services associated with match programs are also accepted for those specialties. If you are applying to a program outside of the match, you will need to fill out the Application for Graduate Medical Education Form.
Loma Linda University Health will accept for consideration applications for residency or fellowship programs from qualified physicians who meet the minimum selection criteria described in our Eligibility and Selection Policy:
- Graduates of medical schools accredited by the LCME;
- Graduates of osteopathic schools accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA);
- ECFMG certified graduates of other medical schools.
Loma Linda University Health will not accept for consideration the applications of individuals who have violated the rules of the National Resident Matching Program. Neither will it knowingly offer a position to individuals who have terminated a training agreement without a letter of release from the institution.
The minimum documents that must be received:
- Medical school diploma
- Recommendation letters
- Official medical school transcript
- USMLE Steps 1 & 2; COMLEX I & II if applicable
Applicants for any LLUH residency program will:
- Hold an appropriate degree for that educational training.
- Have a valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) if a foreign medical degree is held.
- Consent to reference and background screenings as part of the application process.
How can I find the status of my application to a Loma Linda residency program?
Loma Linda receives a high volume of applications to its residency programs. It is not possible to notify every applicant of his or her application status. However, applicants who are selected for an interview will receive an interview invitation.
Should I email the program director or coordinator with my application information or to ask about the likelihood of getting an interview?
No, all applications are reviewed only on ERAS. No advice or recommendation is given over email or telephone.
Does Loma Linda accept applications from graduates of international medical schools?
We do accept international graduates. View the Eligibility and Selection Policy for full details.
Do your programs accept D.O. applicants?
Yes, we have several D.O.’s currently in various programs. We accept COMLEX scores in lieu of USMLE scores.