"Loma Linda had the only doctors that he (my doctor) would recommend for me to see which is the best that happened to me. I would send my friends to Loma Linda in a heartbeat."
People who need gastrointestinal (GI) surgery can have a quicker recovery and faster return to normal activities with da Vinci robotic surgery.
Why Choose Us for GI Surgery
- Better outcomes: With robotic surgery, you may enjoy better outcomes, including a faster recovery, shorter hospital stay, and quicker return to daily activities. You may also have less pain, smaller scars, less blood loss, and a lower risk of unwanted side effects.
- High-volume experience: Our surgeons do more robotic surgeries each year than any other teaching hospital west of the Mississippi.
- Whole person care: We care for the whole person, not just the condition or symptoms. You’ll find resources that support your physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Services We Offer
- Hernia repair
- Lower anterior resection, removal of the rectum (usually due to rectal cancer)
- Colectomy, removal of the large intestine (usually due to cancer)
- Rectopexy, for rectal/pelvic organ prolapse
- Gastrectomy, removal of all or part of the stomach (usually due to cancer)