From Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) to colorectal cancer and all types of liver disease, we offer leading-edge treatments for GI and liver disorders. In addition, our specialists treat more digestive disease patients than any other center in the region.
Why Choose Us for Gastrointestinal or Hepatology Conditions
- Loma Linda University Medical Center was recognized as "high performing" in gastroenterology for 2019-20 by U.S. News & World Report.
- We have been named a Center of Excellence for Liver Transplantation by the multiple agencies.
- Our Prehabilitation Program for waitlisted patients helps prepare them mentally and physically prior to their transplant surgery.
- Our 14 specialists are board certified in gastroenterology; four are double board certified in gastroenterology and transplant hepatology.
- We are one of only a few centers in Southern California to offer Fecal Microbiota Transplantation and biofeedback for pelvic floor disorders.
- We offer the most advanced treatments and technologies found only in major metropolitan academic medical centers.
- As a teaching hospital, we have all the specialists necessary onsite to treat complex GI and liver conditions in a single integrated team.
- Multidisciplinary fatty liver clinic and clinical trials for fatty liver disease.
- Patient support groups.
- GI Special Events
Whole Person Care
Science has long made a close connection with the brain and the gut. We believe in treating the whole patient: body, mind and spirit. Our prehabilitation program helps waitlisted patients prepare psychologically and physically for their transplant surgery through counseling and education. Our support groups help patients connect with others who are on the same care journey.