At the Digestive Disease Center, we are the region’s leader in complex digestive disorders, giving you easier access to the advanced treatments and technologies found at metropolitan medical centers. By bringing together all the specialties you may need for treating your digestive disorder – gastroenterology and hepatology, weight loss surgery, colorectal surgery, hepatopancreatobiliary and transplant surgery, and nutrition – we are equipped to provide you optimal care.
Advanced Technology, Multidisciplinary Care
- Double balloon endoscopy and “the smart pill” for the diagnosis and treatment of GI conditions.
- Anal biofeedback and transplantation for treating motility disorders.
- Advanced treatments for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and Inflammatory Bowel Disorder.
- Advanced interventional endoscopy including endoscopic mucosal resection, radiofrequency ablation for Barrett’s Esophagus, endoscopic ultrasound, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), Zenker’s myotomy, cryoablation, luminal stenting, endoscopic suturing, and endoscopic cystogastrostomy.
As a teaching hospital, we have all the specialists necessary onsite to treat complex digestive disease conditions in a single team approach. Our multidisciplinary team includes gastroenterologists, surgeons, radiologists, oncologists, nurse practitioners, dietitians and more. These are board certified experts who work together to ensure your treatments care for the body, mind and spirit.
Whole Person Care
Medical experts have long recognized the close connection between the brain and the gut. At Loma Linda University Health, we do not just treat the disease. We pay special attention to healing the whole person; mind, body and spirit. This is especially important in treating gastrointestinal conditions. Our support groups offer patients a chance to meet with others who are sharing their treatment journey. Our Prehabilitation Program for liver transplant patients helps prepare them for surgery and its aftermath.
Accreditations and Awards
- Center of Excellence - Liver Transplant Program American Association for the Study of Liver Disease.
- Participating Center/Grantee - Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute Collaborative on palliative interventions for cirrhosis patients.
- Recognized as "High Performing" in gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery by U.S. News & World Report.