At the Digestive Disease Center, we use an integrated approach to streamline the patient experience. By bringing together all the specialties needed for treating your digestive disorder-- gastroenterology and hepatology, bariatric surgery, colorectal surgery, hepato-pancreato-biliary, and transplant surgery, and nutrition—we provide you optimal care with the most advanced technology and treatment for your unique condition. As the leaders in gastroenterology treatment in the region, we are the primary referral center for the most complex gastrointestinal cases.
Why Choose Us for Gastrointestinal (GI) Treatment
- We treat more complex gastrointestinal diseases than any other center in the region.
- We offer the most advanced treatments and technologies found only in major metropolitan academic medical centers.
- We are a Center of Excellence for Liver Transplantation, and offer a Prehabilitation Program for waitlisted patients to prepare them for their treatment and recovery.
- As a teaching hospital, we have all the specialists necessary onsite to treat complex GI and liver conditions in a single integrated team.
- Our 14 specialists are all board-certified in gastroenterology, and four are board-certified in transplant hepatology.
- Fatty Liver Clinic and clinical trials for advanced treatment of fatty liver disease.
- Patient support groups.
- Nutrition Clinic.
Whole Person Care
Science has long made the close connection with the brain and the gut. We believe in treating the whole person- body mind and spirit. This is especially important in treating gastrointestinal conditions. Our support groups offer patients a chance to meet with others who are sharing their treatment journey. Our Prehabilitation Program for liver transplant patients helps prepare them for surgery and its aftermath.
Find expert treatment for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), Barrett’s Esophagus, esophageal cancer and more.
Gastroenterology and Hepatology Disorders
Our board-certified specialists are experts in treating GI and liver conditions and treat more of these patients than any other center in the region.
From inflammatory bowel disease, cancer, Crohn’s Disease and more, we provide expert care for the most complex cases.
Our specialists offer minimally invasive advanced interventional endoscopic procedures for pancreatic cysts, biliary disorders, pancreatic disorders, and more.
Weight Loss Surgery
Our medical and surgical bariatric specialists have helped thousands of patients attain a healthy weight. Our experts can help you too.
Diagnostics & Testing
Effective treatment starts with a precise diagnosis, and we are experts in finding the root cause of digestive disorders