“At Loma Linda University Health, you are the most important member of the team. With a shared-decision approach and close collaboration with our surgical and medical colleagues, we provide you the comprehensive care, support and education to find the treatment options that can address the whole person, mental, physical and spiritual.”
Our board certified specialists are leaders in the treatment of colorectal conditions. From cancer to inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), our experts provide comprehensive care, leading-edge treatments and advanced technology. We have been named a “Best Hospital” for 2018-19 by U.S. News & World Report.
Why Choose Us for Colorectal Disorders
- We treat more complex colorectal disorders than any other center in the region.
- We offer the most advanced treatments and technologies found only in major metropolitan academic medical centers.
- Our 14 specialists are all board certified in gastroenterology.
- As a teaching hospital, our gastroenterologists and surgeons work together with other specialists on the health care team to treat complex colorectal conditions in a single team approach.
- We offer leading edge therapies and clinical trials for IBD.
- We have colorectal surgeons that are specialists in their field.
- We offer advanced endoscopic treatments including endoscopic mucosal resection, capsule endoscopy, double balloon enteroscopy, rectal endoscopic ultrasound, chromoendoscopy, endoscopic dilations for IBD strictures, and treatment for complex perianal diseases.
- We offer Magnetic Resonance (MR) Enterography and Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) therapy.
- We are one of the few centers to offer fecal microbial transplantation for clostridium difficile infections that are resistant to typical treatment.
- We offer anal biofeedback for the treatment of defecation disorders.
Whole Person Care
At Loma Linda University Health, multiple specialists work together as a team to provide comprehensive care. Each person is unique with different problems, diagnoses, and life circumstances. Because of this, we provide individualized care. We take time to listen to you and your needs, answer questions that you may have, and work together as a team to provide you with the highest quality of care. We believe in treating the whole person; body, mind, and spirit.
For those with inflammatory bowel disease, we offer a monthly IBD support group for the community.