Our Managed Care Department provides the services of a health maintenance organization (HMO), offering you cost-saving health insurance plans. When you choose us as your HMO, you get access to the vast, high-quality care network available at Loma Linda University Health.
You may qualify for our plans if you’re eligible for health insurance through Medicare, your employer, or the Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP). When you sign up with Managed Care, we’ll reach out to you within three to four weeks to complete a health risk assessment, help you set up MyChart (our online patient portal), and schedule your initial visit with your primary care provider.
Why Choose Us for Your HMO Plan
- Loma Linda University Health is your network: Our world-class network is yours when you need it, from primary and specialty care physicians to hospital care, emergency/urgent care, and more.
- Save money on healthcare: If you’re already using LLUH as your care network, you may be able to save on healthcare costs with an HMO plan. For example, there is no copay on preventive care with an HMO.
- Help navigating your care: Our staff helps you get the care you need when you need it. We’re here when you have any questions about enrollment, referrals, financial claims, prescriptions, or simply how to schedule a follow-up appointment.
- Additional service and support: You receive additional, exclusive support from our Managed Care team, enhancing the already excellent service provided by our hospital and clinic staff.
- Support for a healthier life: We prioritize patient wholeness, supporting you on your journey to improved physical, mental, and spiritual health. There are many ways to learn about living a healthier lifestyle, including our quarterly newsletter, health education events, and online resources such as articles, recipes, and videos.
Follow us on Facebook: Get health tips and resources to help you live healthier.
Better Integrated Care
As part of Loma Linda University Health, our team is uniquely positioned to connect you with resources that can help you achieve your best results. This starts with your partnership with your primary care provider. They’ll help coordinate your care using a holistic approach, tying together aspects of your physical, mental, and spiritual health. You will always need to visit your primary care provider for any referrals to specialty clinics that are covered by your plan.
Outside of specialty care referrals, our team can help you get expanded support for health concerns, including complex conditions such as uncontrolled diabetes, congestive heart failure, and kidney disease. No matter your health needs, we can help you find support in one or more services, programs, treatment centers, support groups, or even events.
Support for Your Unique Needs
Shortly after your enrollment, we work with you to begin removing any barriers to your care. We’ll start with a health risk assessment to learn about conditions, behaviors, and social situations that may be risks to your health now and into the future. Some examples of risks include:
- Conditions affecting your physical health
- Lifestyle choices
- Food insecurity
- Lack of transportation
We coordinate with your primary care provider to make sure you are fully supported and informed of your options for overcoming whatever risks you may be facing. When applicable, we also connect you with free or reduced cost community resources that can help you overcome these barriers. The Connect IE website provides information on many of these resources.
Personalized Care for Chronic Conditions
We’re here with ongoing support when you’re suffering from a chronic condition. Our complex case management team includes clinical professionals who offer you personalized, one-on-one guidance focused on keeping you out of the hospital or emergency room. Your nurse checks in with you regularly to help you prioritize your health, make your appointments, and remove obstacles to following your care plan.
Take the Next Step
We’re here to help you take the next step and get the quality healthcare you deserve. Find your plan below and follow the steps to get started. If you have any questions, you can also contact us at 855-LLU-CARE (855-558-2273) from Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
If you’re a Medicare beneficiary and would like more information on our Medicare Advantage plan, visit our Medicare Seminars page. You can schedule a no-cost seminar to learn more about the plan and how you can apply by calling 833-409-9410 (TDD/TTY: 711) or using our online form.
If you receive health insurance through your employer, contact them to see if you can choose Loma Linda University Health Managed Care as your primary care group. Your employer can help you switch to our plan.
If you’re eligible for IEHP, contact them to see if you can choose Loma Linda University Health Managed Care as your primary care group. An IEHP representative can help you switch to our plan.