We’re here to get you through the pain and worry caused by a bone fracture. Whether you need emergency or long-term care, our goal is to help you get back to living a healthy, active life.
Our team of orthopaedic trauma surgeons is ready when you need fracture and trauma care. From a simple fracture to the most complex multiple trauma needs.
Why Choose Us for Fracture & Trauma Care
- Highest level of care: As the first Level I trauma center in the region, you get the highest level of trauma care possible.
- Committed to recovery: Our surgeons are with you throughout your recovery. Whether your injury requires weeks or months of follow-up care, we’re committed to getting you back to a normal routine.
- The most severe cases: Our team is able to treat very severe conditions other hospitals are not equipped to treat. No matter how severe your injuries, you can expect comprehensive, expert care.
Conditions We Treat
- All extremity fractures: Fractured bones can be either partially or completely broken, and may damage nearby tissues.
- All spine fractures: cervical thoracic lumbar injuries requiring surgery. (See: Orthopaedic Spine Care)
- Pelvic trauma: simple pelvic ring to complex acetabular fractures.
- Nonunions, where a bone doesn’t heal properly after a fracture. Nonunions can lead to pain and instability.
- Malunions, where a bone doesn’t heal in the right position.
- Bone infections related to fractures (osteomyelitis), which can happen when bacteria or fungi find their way into a bone. Without proper treatment, bone infections can cause permanent damage.
- Limb salvage, where the limb is preserved by removing infected or malignant bone or tissues.
Services We Offer
Our team of orthopaedic trauma surgeons, vascular surgeons, plastic surgeons and pediatric specialists provide complete care, including:
- Fracture and trauma care for the lower limbs, pelvic circle and upper limbs
- Bone transport, used to grow new bone for limb reconstruction
- Bone grafting, where bones are transplanted to repair other seriously damaged bones
- Plastic surgery
- Vascular care, when veins or arteries are damaged
- Follow-up surgeries to help limbs heal properly
What to Expect
Your care team will include specialists from multiple disciplines ready to provide the right care for your fracture or trauma. We’ll help you understand what you can and can’t do as your bone heals over the next weeks to months. You may need to come in for follow-up appointments to ensure healing is progressing properly.
If you arrive for emergency care, our team will be by your side throughout treatment and recovery. Depending on the severity of your condition, you may need one or more surgeries. Our surgeons treat the most severe trauma cases in the region and are fully committed to providing the best possible healing outcomes. We’ll support you over the course of your recovery, which may range from weeks to years for the most serious injuries.
Do I need a referral?
No, we welcome patients without referrals. We’ll build the right care team for you, which may include our experts and specialists from other areas.
How to Get Help
For conditions that don’t require immediate care, don’t wait any longer to get help. Talk to your primary care physician or make an appointment with our orthopaedic specialists.
If you’re experiencing an emergency, call 911 or visit our Emergency Department. Less serious bone fractures may be treatable at one of our urgent care clinics.