Loma Linda University Health is internationally renowned for expertise, leadership and dedication to bringing the most innovative care to patients with different medical problem including peripheral vascular disease.
Our physicians are world leaders in the areas of peripheral vascular disease and limb care, and they work collaboratively to provide extraordinary care and improved outcomes for some of the most complicated cases. We are dedicated to delivering expert care with a personal touch, providing individualized attention to each patient.
Vascular clinic offers comprehensive care for diseases of the vascular system (blood vessels), including peripheral artery disease, diffuse and premature atherosclerosis, venous disease and varicose vein. Our specialists diagnose and manage patients with arterial, and venous disease, as well as acute and long- term care of patients with hypercoagulable state. We have several specialty services and resources to ensure patient gets the best treatment.
What our program offers
- Screening for peripheral arterial disease of the legs, including measurement of ABIs and arterial ultrasound.
- Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), a potentially fatal condition if not caught early
- Evaluation and management of signs and symptoms of peripheral arterial disease in the legs, such as claudication (leg pain), and vascular ulcers.
- Multidisciplinary approach to wound care, involving vascular medicine specialists, vascular surgeons, podiatrists, endovascular (minimally invasive) treatment of blockages in the arteries of the legs, and hyperbaric oxygen treatment.
- Utilizing the latest technology and techniques in endovascular (minimally invasive) interventions of the legs to ensure excellent long term results, such as atherectomy, drug-coated ballooning, and use of the flexible Supera stent.
- Diagnosis and treatment of peripheral venous disease and venous insufficiency (varicose veins, venous ulcers, and swelling of the legs). Offering sclerotherapy and radiofrequency ablation of varicose veins.
- Optimizing and managing your whole cardiovascular health, since atherosclerosis in the arteries of the legs often also affects the arteries of the heart (coronary artery disease) or the brain (cerebrovascular disease).