New Innovations is a web-based residency management system that has several uses at LLUMC.
Residents must access NI, and from the Welcome Page click on “Help” then “Additional Tools” and review “Training for Residents” to learn how to navigate through the various functions. To access the system:
- Institution login is case sensitive: LLUMC (all caps)
- Password should be your first initial last name – all lower case letters without spaces. If this doesn’t work try the first two initials of your first name then your last name, i.e. John Smith would be josmith). If you still have problems logging in, call the Graduate Medical Education Office at (909) 558-6131 or extension 66131.
The following are a few of the functions NI is used for at LLUMC:
- Official communication from GME Office and Programs will be sent to your Loma Linda email address (llu.edu). It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to check your LLUMC email account frequently.
- Log/Record all Duty Hours: Residents are required to log/record all duty hours on NI and to “signoff: on duty hours at least twice a week.
- Evaluations of/by both Resident and Faculty are completed on NI
- Reminders will automatically be sent to your LLUMC email address – this may include reminders to renew CPR, Medical License, annual health clearance, Compliance Training, etc. – please check your LLU email frequently. The email address is defaulted to your LLUMC email;
- Notices for Residents and Fellows are posted on the Welcome Page. Please look at the Welcome Page frequently.
New Innovations (NI) is the main database for Resident Information used by the GME Office. Information contained in this database includes demographics, education, residency training, license, pager, etc. Questions related to New Innovations should be directed to the Graduate Medical Education Office ext. 66131.