The GME Office sends an e-mail to exiting residents and his/her Program Coordinator several weeks in advance. Exit information is very important to GME for terminating residents and fellows. A checklist format is sent to the graduating resident from MedHub. Information included in the Exit Checklist highlights the steps that should be followed for all residents who are leaving the institution.
Email Account Closure
- Loma Linda email accounts and computer access to Loma Linda computer systems will be disabled on your last day of employment.
- If you need to keep any important emails or contacts from your Loma Linda email account, be sure to transfer them to your own personal email account at least one month before you are expected to exit. Be careful NOT to transfer any patient-related protected health information that may be contained in an email.
Payroll & Benefits
- Final Paychecks: If you have payroll direct deposit, your final paycheck will be directly deposited to your account. If you do not have direct deposit, your check will be mailed to the address you entered in PeoplePortal. Make sure that your address is accurate in PeoplePortal so that you receive your final paycheck.
- Loma Linda Health & Dental plan coverage ends on the final day of the month that you separate employment. Risk Management will mail information to you about options for extending your health plan coverage through COBRA.
- Life insurance and Long-Term Disability Plan: You may convert your group life and long term disability policies to an individual policy within 30 days of the end date of employment. Jaime Perlman (current Life & LTD insurance agent) can meet with you individually to answer questions. Contact Jaime Perlman at email@example.com.
- Discontinue using the medical center cafeteria or gift shop charge accounts (if you have them) at least 2 weeks before you exit.
Update Your New Practice & Personal Addresses
Make sure to change and update your new practice address, phone & fax number with the Medical Board of California (MBC) or Osteopathic Medical Board of California (OMBC), National Provider Identifier (NPI) database, and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). You are required to keep your practice address updated at all times.
Update your new personal mailing address on People Portal. This is critical so you will receive your tax information (W-2 form) next year.