“Working side-by-side with our fellows is one of my deepest joys. I love watching them develop throughout our two years together!”
Our program aims to prepare the fellow to function as a qualified practitioner of vascular surgery at the high level of performance expected of a board-certified specialist.
- Our vascular faculty offers various levels of experience and techniques, making it an optimal educational experience for fellows.
- We have an extraordinary dedication to fellow education with a robust, didactic curriculum.
- With new hospital, we’ll have access to 2 hybrid OR’s.
- Commitment to fellow and faculty wellness and work/life balance.
- 100% success rate for graduated fellows on board exams.
As of 2008, with the expansion to two fellows in the program, the structure of rotations expanded to include the Loma Linda Jerry L. Pettis VA. The structure is as follows:
|Fellowship Year||July - December||January - June|
Fellow required conferences:
- Case Conference: Mondays, 7a-730a
- Vascular Fellow Conference (Rutherford, Imaging, VESAP): Wednesdays, 630a-7a (fellows present with the overview of attendings)
- Vascular Resident and Fellow Conference (Journal Club, Mock Orals, HIDI, SVS Guidelines): Wednesdays, 7a-730a
- Morbidity & Mortality with General Surgery: Wednesdays, 730a-8a
- General Surgery Grand Rounds: (Quarterly) Wednesdays, 730a-8a
- Aortic Aneurysm Conference (joint conference with cardiothoracic surgery): (Every other 3rd Wednesday of each month) 730a-830a
- CVQI Conference (joint conference with cardiothoracic surgery): (Every other 3rd Wednesday of each month) 730a-830a
- Vascular Didactic Conference (joint conference with interventional radiology): Thursdays, 645a-8a
The scope of expertise gained will include proficiency in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the arterial, venous, and lymphatic systems (exclusive of the heart and intracranial vessels). Expertise will extend to all standard open surgical and endovascular approaches to vascular diseases. Along with the technical expertise, a thorough study of the basic science, pathophysiology, and non-invasive diagnostic techniques will be taught.
- Gore Combat Manual
- Anatomic Exposures in Vascular Surgery - Gary Wind, James Valentine
- Rutherford's Vascular Surgery & Endovascular Therapy - Anton P Sidaway, Bruce A Perler
Opportunities to work alongside faculty and do research for many journals, as well as be first author. Members of our faculty belong to many societies (SVS, Western Vascular Society, So Cal Vascular Surgery Society, Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Society).