As a resident in our program, you will:
- Focus on clinical preventive and lifestyle medicine.
- Receive training for a strong foundation in quality improvement and patient safety.
- Have learning and career opportunities in two large public health counties.
A Typical Day
A typical day starts at 8 a.m. in clinic or at another rotation site. Residents usually enjoy a 30-60 minute lunch break and end the work day around 5 p.m.
Preventive medicine residents enjoy a well-balanced life with a number of resources available to them. As a resident, you:
- Receive one half-day per month to focus on personal wellness.
- Have access to free counseling services and a 24-hour physician vitality specialist.
- Will not have call or weekend work.
Supporting your physical, mental and spiritual health is a top priority. Your support resources include: