Thank you for your interest in Loma Linda University Health’s Graduate Medical Education programs. We seek qualified individuals who have demonstrated commitment to the mission of Loma Linda University Health and who have clear future commitments to participate in the medical outreach of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Most of our programs participate in the:
- National Residency Matching Program
- Electronic Residency Application System
- San Francisco Central Application System
- Urology Match
How to Apply
Applicants must complete the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application with a signed statement indicating that the information in the application is true. Applications from other central application services associated with match programs are also accepted for those specialties. If you are applying to a program outside of the match, you will need to fill out the Application for Graduate Medical Education Form.
Materials for All Applicants
The minimum documents that must be received by all applicants for any application service used:
- Medical school diploma
- Recommendation letters
- Official medical school transcript
- USMLE Steps 1 & 2; COMLEX I & II if applicable
Applicants for any Loma Linda University Health residency program will:
- Possess a valid work permit prior to the date the rank order list is submitted to the matching program or prior to a position being being offered which includes:
- United States citizenship
- Permanent residency
- Eligibility for a J-1 visa sponsored by ECFMG
- An existing H1-B visa for study of medicine from another US GME program
- An F-1 visa held by a medical student studying medicine in the US who requires an H1-B to continue their education
- Have successfully completed the appropriate training prescribed for beginning their specific residency or fellowship program by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- Have a valid certificate from ECFMG if a foreign medical degree is held.
- Consent to reference and background screenings as part of the application process.
Minimum Selection Criteria
Loma Linda University Health will accept for consideration applications for residency or fellowship programs from qualified physicians who meet the minimum selection criteria described in our Selection of Residents Policy:
- Graduates of medical schools accredited by the Liaison Council on Medical Education (LCME);
- Graduates of osteopathic schools accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA);
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certified graduates of other medical schools.
Loma Linda University Health will not accept for consideration the applications of individuals who have violated the rules of the National Resident Matching Program. Neither will it knowingly offer a position to individuals who have terminated a training agreement without a letter of release from the institution.
Ob/GYN Residency Applications
Nine openings will be available at the first-year level on July 1st of each year. Appointments are made for one year and renewed at the end of each year on the basis of satisfactory performance. Only under unusual circumstances are appointments considered at other than the first-year level or at times other than July 1st. To ensure adequate consideration, applications for appointment (through ERAS) should be completed as early as possible, and not later than October 1, 2023.
Additional Materials Required for OBGYN Applicants
- Minimum of 3 recommendation letters, including one from OBGYN
- MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation)
- Personal Statement
- For applicants with previous training: reference letters from Program Director
Application and Interview Process
Our residency program will be following the recommended standards from the Council on Residency Education (CREOG) and the Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (APGO), for the 2022-2023 interview season.
All interviews will be conducted virtually for the entire interview cycle.
Our final Ob/GYN residency application deadline will be October 1, 2023.
We will limit our program interview invitations to the number of interview slots available.
Interviews are generally conducted from mid-November through January. Applicants granted interviews will be notified through ERAS.
Applicants will have a minimum of 48 hours after the interview invitation email has been sent to respond.
We will release our interview invitations on October 24, 2023 and will allow 48 hours after sending an interview invitation email for an applicant to accept or decline.
Questions and information may be directed to:
Eileen Griego, Residency Coordinator
Danielle Mason, MD, Residency Program Director
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
11175 Campus Street
Coleman Pavilion #11105
Loma Linda, California 92350
OBGYN Applicant FAQ
What factors are most important when your program is considering applicants?
We perform a holistic review of all applications, as our primary goal is to select individuals who are mission aligned with the vision and values of our institution.
When are residency applicant interviews conducted?
We conduct interviews from mid-November through January. Applicants who are granted interviews will be notified through ERAS.
How can I find the status of my application to a Loma Linda residency program?
Loma Linda receives a high volume of applications to its residency programs. It is not possible to notify every applicant of his or her application status. However, applicants who are selected for an interview will receive an interview invitation.
Should I email the program director or coordinator with my application information or to ask about the likelihood of getting an interview?
No, all applications are reviewed only on ERAS. No advice or recommendation is given over email or telephone.
Does Loma Linda accept applications from graduates of international medical schools?
We do accept international graduates. View the Selection of Residents Policy for full details.
Do your programs accept D.O. applicants?
Yes, we have several D.O.’s currently in various programs. View the Selection of Residents Policy for full details.