Medical research is the foundation of modern medicine. It's critical physicians have a solid grasp on the methodologies of research so they may appropriately apply new scientific evidence to daily clinical practice. At Loma Linda University, it is our goal to contribute to the main body of scientific knowledge as well as advance the fields of obstetrics and gynecology.
A wide range of research opportunities exist within the department, including:
- Basic and translational science
- Epidemiology and population based research
- Clinical trials
Research Curriculum Highlights
- Residents take a dedicated six-week research elective in the PGY-3 year.
- Our structured research curriculum focuses on hands-on learning of basic research principles.
- Our program offers dedicated faculty mentors and a proven track record of research publication.
- Opportunities to present research at local, regional and national meetings
- You have access to large population databases, basic science labs and a dedicated epidemiologist/statistician.
- Research spans a wide variety of obstetric and gynecologic specialty areas with collaboration across multiple facilities.