Our institution prioritizes wholeness, a balanced life that integrates mind, body and spirit. We believe OBGYN resident well-being is an essential component of a healthy residency program. Residents participate in wellness activities throughout the year and have access to a number of helpful resources.
Activities & Groups
- Annual department holiday party open to residents, faculty and their family members.
- Annual senior dinner to celebrate our PGY-4 residents upon the completion of their residency.
- Quarterly resident wellness activities, including family groups and big sib/little sib mentoring. Family group time is an afternoon free from service or formal didactics where residents from the same PGY can choose an activity to do together.
- Annual resident mountain retreat where residents enjoy team-building activities, a ropes course and ziplining.
- Time off for residents to be excused from rotation responsibilities for medical, dental or mental health appointments.
- Regularly scheduled meetings with physician vitality team members to promote psychological safety and mental health.
- ACOG Wellness Week activities geared towards encouraging resident well-being.
- Frequent social activities organized by resident physicians to encourage group bonding outside of work.