What factors are most important when your program is considering applicants?
We perform a holistic review of all applications. Our primary goal is to select individuals who are aligned with the mission, vision and values of our institution.
Does your residency program use ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service)?
Yes, all application materials must be submitted through ERAS. We do not accept application materials via email, mail or fax.
Which items are required for a residency application to be considered in ERAS?
- ERAS file application
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Official medical school transcript(s)
- Minimum of three recommendation letters, one from OB/GYN
- Copies of scores for each examination taken (USMLE and COMLEX, if applicable)
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae accounting for all time periods since medical school enrollment
- For applicants with previous training: reference letter from program director and copy of medical license, if applicable
When are residency applicant interviews conducted?
We conduct interviews from mid-November through January. Applicants who are granted interviews will be notified through ERAS.
Are there minimum USMLE Score Requirements?
Typically, applicants should have a USMLE Step 1 score of 200 or above for consideration for an interview.
Does Loma Linda University Health accept applications from graduates of international medical schools?
Yes, we do accept applications from international graduates. Learn more.