Our curriculum prepares residents to be well-trained specialists in obstetrics and gynecology. Residents are immersed in settings where the need to address community healthcare disparities is readily apparent.
- PGY-1 residents receive early exposure to gynecologic surgery procedures with rotations in benign gynecology, FPMRS and gyn-oncology.
- At our primary academic teaching hospital, residents experience a comprehensive approach to women’s healthcare and all traditional OB-GYN specialties (REI, FPMRS, MFM and GYN-oncology).
- One quarter of residency training is spent addressing healthcare disparities in a county hospital setting at neighboring Riverside University Health System.
- Continuity clinics are housed at the multidisciplinary SAC Health System in San Bernardino. This federally qualified health system (FQHS) provides residents further opportunities for training in healthcare disparities.
- Our state-of-the art simulation center provides hands-on simulation training for all OB-GYN residents in obstetric emergencies.
- Monthly GYN simulations reinforce GYN technical skills and provide preparation for the fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery (FLS) exam.
- Weekly resident didactics cover a wide variety of conferences, including grand rounds, stats conferences, journal clubs, research curriculum, resident and faculty-led lectures, and hands-on procedural training.