The grief you feel is real...
Others may try to comfort you, but the pain doesn't go away. You need to talk with someone who knows what you're going through...someone who can help. You are not alone...we are here...we care.
The HOPES program is designed to provide support to families who are grieving the loss of their child. We are aware that this is a difficult and emotional time for you. Your needs are very special at this time. If you have questions, please call the Hopes office, or call the Medical Center and ask to speak to a Social Worker or Chaplain.
- HOPES office: 909-558-7261 (for bereavement support and printed materials)
- Decedent Affairs office: 909-651-4104 (for details about mortuaries and autopsies)
Grief recovery groups
Loma Linda University Medical Center Chaplain Services conducts a series of grief recovery seminars for individuals dealing with personal tragedies, including the death of a loved one, or a divorce. The seminars require a small fee and are open to any interested persons. The sessions are held four times a year: January, April, July and October. Each session begins the first Monday of the month and continues for seven consecutive Mondays from 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. There will be a one-time registration fee of $45 and $25 per additional family member.
Helping you Understand Grief
You may print these resources or order printed copies of select brochures Order Form
- Taking Care of You - English | Spanish (PDF)
- The Grief Process - English (PDF)
- Empty Arms and Aching Hearts (death of a baby) - English | Spanish (PDF)
- Shattered Dreams (death of a child) - English | Spanish (PDF)
- Grieving Fathers - English | Spanish (PDF)
- Kids Can Cope with Death and Dying - English | Spanish (PDF)
- Grieving Grandparents - English | Spanish (PDF)
- Family and Friends (Death of a Baby) - English (PDF)
- For Support and Comfort - English (PDF)