At the Center for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery, our specialists are known internationally for their skill in performing minimally invasive surgery--including da Vinci robotic surgery--for:
- Pelvic pain and abnormal bleeding
- Uterine fibroids
- Gynecologic cancers
- Urinary incontinence – an inability to control urination
- Pelvic organ prolapse – the collapse of organs in the lower abdomen due to a weakening of abdominal walls from childbirth, surgery or other trauma
- Interstitial cystitis – chronic discomfort and / or pain in the bladder and pelvic region
Why Choose Loma Linda University Health Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
Our specialists are the Inland Empire's only da Vinci gynecologic surgeons, and have been performing these procedures since the FDA approved them in 2005. Our surgeons have been performing outpatient surgical and in-office endometrial ablation since 2003, with a 98% long-term satisfaction rating with outcomes following endometrial ablation over the last 5 years.
Benefits of Robotic or Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Reduced risk of complications during the surgery
- Less pain and trauma for patients during surgery
- Less post-surgical complications, such as scarring
- Higher accuracy rates during the procedure
- Shorter hospital stays - In fact, some patients will be able to go home the same day they have their procedure. This benefit of minimally invasive surgery also has financial repercussions, as patients will likely have less expensive hospital bills.
- Faster recovery times - Most women can return to their daily activities, including work, in fewer than two weeks after undergoing minimally invasive surgery.