Our Vascular Surgery Fellowship is part of a diverse & growing service that encompasses all aspects of the specialty, with approximately 600 vascular procedures performed annually. Our fellows rotate between Loma Linda University Medical Center and the Loma Linda Jerry L. Pettis VA, where they actively engage and lead medical students and residents from PGY 1- PGY 4.
|Fellowship Year||July – December||January - June|
|F – 1||LLVA||LLUMC|
|F – 2||LLUMC||LLVA|
Our goal is to provide our fellows with broad-based and balanced training in vascular surgery during the two-year training program. We’re committed to our fellows’ whole person development as a respected professional with good judgement and sound surgical skills.
Our training environment will be a culture based on the values of compassion, integrity, excellence, teamwork, and wholeness.
Why Choose Loma Linda University Vascular Surgery Fellowship
- Caseload is varied and includes: standard open and endovascular aneurysm repair, carotid endarterectomy, visceral and renal artery reconstruction, complex abdominal aortic & aorto-iliac reconstruction, as well as thoraco-abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.
- Operating room days and clinic days are alternating so that the entire team is able to experience the important aspects of surgical technique and patient evaluation in clinic.
- Call for the fellow is from home and we are not overwhelmed with vascular trauma.
- The fellow routinely performs more than 300 major vascular procedures and also participates in our academic endeavors.
- All graduates who have taken their vascular boards in the last decade have passed.