“We are dedicated to continuing our growing research emphasis. The world is waiting for responses to questions that we are uniquely positioned to answer.”
Challenging Questions. Exciting Discoveries.
Right now, patients and families are faced with the pain, fear and uncertainty that comes with serious health problems. Every day, our world-renowned faculty and passionate students work to make those problems a thing of the past.
We need your support to continue the search for innovative answers to critical health issues. Your help has already fueled exciting discoveries in the face of many challenging questions:
- How do we help newborns who need a new heart? We performed the first successful infant heart transplant — and hundreds since then.
- How do we help kids fight cancer? We’re a national leader for enrolling children in cancer clinical trials, vital to finding cures.
- How do we help people live fuller lives? Healthcare is more than fixing what’s wrong. In 60 years of research, we’ve unraveled the first clues to adding a decade to our lives.
Life-Changing Answers, Thanks to You
You help us find answers that change lives for the better. Just 40 years ago, nobody had performed a successful infant heart transplant. Only 15 years ago, we were the only hospital in the nation performing proton therapy for cancer. Today, there’s still an urgent need for new answers. New therapies, new surgeries — new hope. Your support means our researchers are ready to give that hope — to help people triumph over their health challenges.
With your help, we’ll find answers that enable people to overcome challenging illnesses and injuries. Here are just a few of the answers we’re working toward right now:
- New ways to fight childhood cancers, like pediatric leukemia.
- Better care for minority groups at high risk for diseases like diabetes.
- Breakthroughs to slow or stop debilitating diseases like Alzheimers.
- Innovative treatments that reduce deaths from stroke and traumatic brain injuries.