The COVID-19 pandemic is one of the most urgent public health crises in generations.
While Loma Linda University Health is doing everything we can to address our community's healthcare needs, we need your help more than ever before. Unfortunately, the federal aid hospitals are receiving will not alone be enough to meet community needs.
What We're Doing
Our highest priority will always be the health and safety of our patients, employees, students and community. That means taking measures to protect those we serve, even when doing so puts extreme strain on our organization. The measures we're taking during this pandemic include:
- Expanding our capacity to care for a potential surge of additional patients
- Mobilizing emergency response teams and healthcare experts to care for our patients
- Providing trauma and other lifesaving care for non-COVID-19 health conditions
- Converting to phone and video healthcare appointments to keep patients healthy at home
- Suspending elective procedures to reduce potential exposure and spread of coronavirus
- Continuing to train the next generation of healthcare workers through online learning
How You Can Help
You can change the course of this crisis today. When you donate to the areas below, you help us provide the lifesaving services our community desperately needs right now.
COVID-19 Clinical Care Fund
Your gift helps provide lifesaving medical care and protect our patients, staff and community. When you give, you help us:
- Support patient and family care
- Provide social services, including counseling, family support and spiritual aid
- Replenish patient care equipment and supplies
- Expand diagnostic and testing capacity
- Support extended staff time and benefits for healthcare heroes fighting COVID-19
COVID-19 Student Relief Fund
Because of the pandemic, Loma Linda University students are struggling to make it through unexpected financial hardship. Many students and their family members have lost income they depend on to cover living expenses. Your gift helps students continue their education and become the next generation of healthcare providers. You can help us support students struggling with:
- Food, housing and other living expenses
- Tuition fees
- Technology and other expenses for distance learning
Keeping our healthcare workers safe and healthy is critical to ensuring we have the capacity to care for the community. You can help by donating new and unused critical care supplies, including personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Homemade masks: If you are interested in making masks for our staff, please consult this website for information. Please deliver your homemade masks by mail or in person as noted below.
- Masks (N95, surgical, and procedure)
- Disposable gloves
- Disinfecting wipes such as Clorox or Sani-cloth wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Face shields
- Goggles and eye shields
- Isolation or surgical gowns
- CAPR/PAPR machines and disposables
- Flocked swabs
- Oxygen manifolds
- Portable cots
- Privacy screens
- Puritan Bennett 840
- Flight pack 60
- Adult and baby pack
There are two ways to donate PPE and other supplies:
PPE donation drop-off in person:
195 E. Redlands Boulevard
San Bernardino, CA 92408
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
PPE donations by mail:
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Attention Kent Broersma, Warehouse
125 E. Club Center Drive
San Bernardino, CA 92408
If you would like to donate meals to our healthcare workers, please call 909-558-4000 ext. 33522 and our team will be happy to help in coordinating delivery and distribution.
Sponsor Specific and Immediate Needs
We are regularly updating clinical and student aid needs as this pandemic evolves. For more information about sponsoring a specific medical, equipment or student aid need, please contact us at 909-558-5010.