Physical medicine and rehabilitation, or physiatry, uses physical therapy and other treatments to restore ability from physical impairments caused by disease or injury. We understand how these impairments not only impact your mobility, but your quality of life.
Our rehabilitation experts help you get the care you need, from pain management to physical therapy and speech therapy. We develop a treatment plan tailored to your condition, monitor your recovery, and recommend changes based on your progress.
Why Choose Us for Physiatry
- All the experts you need: Our physiatrists and other specialists combine their expertise to create your personalized care plan and guide you through it.
- Personalized care: When you become our patient, you become family. We offer personalized support as you recover, adapting to your needs as you progress.
- Whole person care: We recognize how disruptive physical impairments can be to your independence and mental health. We help you live healthier and fuller in all areas of your life.
- Ongoing support: Recovering from impairments caused by disease or injury can be a long-term battle with ups and downs. We’re by your side every step of the way with continued therapies and powerful support resources, such as social workers.
Services We Offer
- Arthritis, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis care
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Carpal tunnel syndrome care
- Back pain, chronic pain, neck pain, and nerve pain care
- Pediatric rehabilitation
- Spasticity care
- Spinal cord injury care
- Sports injury care
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Traumatic brain injury care
- Work related injury care
When you're physically impaired by injury or disease, you need the medical expertise of an experienced physiatrist and rehabilitation team to restore mobility and get actual results. Physiatrists are nerve, muscle, and bone experts who treat injuries and illnesses affecting movement. They apply their expertise to develop a comprehensive rehabilitation treatment program for restoring optimal function without surgery.
For over two decades, our physicians have been providing care for physical, social, and emotional needs after injury or disease. Our interdisciplinary team may include professionals such as neurologists, orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, urologists, and non-physician health care professionals such as neuropsychologists, physical therapists, speech therapists, and social workers. The team works closely to coordinate and monitor your progress and care throughout your lifetime.
Many patients with chronic disability as a result of neurological trauma or diseases develop spasticity or muscle over-activity and tightness. Our physicians offer patients with spasticity:
- Individualized treatment
- Therapies to improve function
- Treatment of generalized and focal spasticity
- Treatment with oral medications and injectable medications
- Works in conjunction with orthopedics and neurosurgery
- Assessments for treatment with intrathecal medication pumps and selective dorsal rhizotomy
- Use of botulinum toxin and phenol injections
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department (PM&R) offers a residency program designed to train exemplary practitioners in the medical specialty of PM&R.Learn more