Women experiencing a high-risk pregnancy need more attention and specialized care to protect their health and ensure optimal health for their unborn infants. Women who are high-risk may have:
- An unborn child with chromosomal abnormalities or birth defects
- A known genetic disorder
- A serious medical condition such as renal failure, insulin-dependent diabetes or heart disease
Our experts provide high-risk pregnancy care for mothers-to-be and their unborn babies.
Why Choose Us for High-Risk Pregnancy Care
- Same-week appointments: When you get abnormal results, the last thing you want to do is wait. We save appointment spots dedicated to new high-risk patients, so you can get answers as soon as possible.
- All the specialists you need: We have six perinatologists on our team, who each have three years of additional training in high-risk pregnancies. And as part of an academic medical center, nearly every medical specialty is available to you 24/7.
- Intensive newborn care: If your baby is high-risk, our neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) team is ready to provide specialty care immediately at birth.
Take the Next Step
View the high-risk pregnancy services available at our Children's Hospital, find contact information, and learn how to get started.