Why Choose Loma Linda University Skull Base Surgery
The Center for Skull Base Surgery at Loma Linda University Medical Center has been providing state of the art care for almost 1,000 patients with skull base tumors over 15 years. Under the current leadership of Co-directors Dr. Kenneth De Los Reyes, Msc, MD and Dr. Steve C. Lee, MD, PhD, a multidisciplinary team is available to effectively treat a wide range of skull base tumors and diseases. The skull base is a complex anatomic region that is the intersection of major nerves and blood vessels entering and exiting the brain and the eye and ear and is best managed by a multidisciplinary team that tailors treatment to the specific patient and tumor. The Center for Skull Base Surgery at Loma Linda University Medical Center includes not only a core surgical team of neurosurgeons and otolaryngologists but also microvascular reconstruction surgeons, neurotologists, oncologists, radiation oncologists, vascular surgeons, interventional and diagnostic neuroradiologists, and pathologists with special expertise in neurologic pathology. Our experience and expertise in skull base tumors is both broad and deep.
We provide diagnosis and treatment of tumors, cysts, and cancers affecting the skull base. Nationally ranked as the 45th ENT Department by the U.S. News and World Report in 2008, our multidisciplinary team of specialists relentlessly uphold its commitment to Loma Linda University's values of integrity, compassion, teamwork, wholeness, and excellence. Patients receiving advanced surgical treatments available at Loma Linda will experience the most optimal and innovative healthcare all within a one-stop shop.
Conditions and Treatment
- Endoscopic pituitary surgery - A minimally invasive surgical procedure using an endoscope and other small, non-invasive instruments to remove a pituitary tumor.
- Infratemporal fossa tumors - A Surgical procedure that targets tumor growths on the Infratemporal Fossa, an irregularly shaped cavity located on the side of the skull.
- Lateral skull base surgery - A surgical option targeting tumor growths for the lateral areas of the skull.
- Rathke's cyst
- Pituitary tumors
- Sellar and suprasellar tumors
- Subcranial surgery - A highly sophisticated surgical procedure targeting tumor growths for areas below the cranium.
Meet Our People
Steve C. Lee, MD, PhD
Dr. Lee completed his residency in otolaryngology and head and neck surgery University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill prior to his two-year fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in skull base surgery and head and neck surgical oncology.Learn more