Dermatologic surgery can be used to treat several skin conditions, such as melanoma, nonmelanoma skin cancers (basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinomas), lipomas and cysts. Our dermatologic surgeons are leaders in treating complex surgical skin conditions. You can trust our team to listen to your concerns, understand your needs, and take the time to provide you with a personalized treatment plan.
Why Choose Us for Surgical Dermatology
- All the experts you need: Your care team includes the specialists you need for the best results possible. Our dermatologic surgeons are fellowship-trained and board-certified in both dermatology and micrographic dermatologic surgery and are members of the American College of Mohs Surgery.
- Unmatched expertise: Our surgeons specialize in dermatology and Mohs surgery to provide you with the highest level of expertise. Our onsite Mohs lab is accredited by the College of American Pathologists.
- Coordinated care: We guide your treatment journey so you have less to worry about. We will help you schedule appointments, communicate with your other providers, and provide you with resources to understand your surgery.
- Individualized treatment plan: Your unique needs define your care, from the diagnostic tests to your treatment plan.
- Evidence-based treatment: Our approach to your care is based on treatments that have been scientifically proven to provide the best possible results.
- Training the next generation: Our fellowship program prepares dermatologists to specialize in skin cancer management and provide state-of-the-art care to patients like you. Your care team may include dermatology residents and/or a micrographic surgery and dermatologic oncology fellow. The fellow has completed residency training in dermatology and is pursuing subspecialty training in Mohs surgery or dermatologic oncology.
Services We Provide
- Mohs and reconstructive surgery
- Electrodesiccation and curettage (ED&C)
- Intralesional injections
- Liquid nitrogen (cryotherapy)
- Nail surgery
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT)
Conditions We Treat
Our surgeons treat all forms of skin cancer, including:
- Actinic keratosis (precancerous lesions)
- Adnexal carcinoma
- Atypical Fibroxanthoma (AFX)
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Basosquamous cell carcinoma
- Cutaneous leiomyosarcoma
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP)
- Eccrine carcinoma
- Extramammary Paget’s disease (EMPD)
- Microcystic adnexal carcinoma (MAC)
- Mucinous carcinoma
- Sebaceous carcinoma
- Squamous carcinoma
- Squamous eccrine ductal carcinoma
- Undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma
We also address complex skin conditions, including:
- Atypical moles
- Hidradenitis suppurativa
- Keloids and hypertrophic scars
- Nail issues, including avulsions and biopsies
Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Mohs micrographic surgery is a precise and effective treatment for skin cancer, with a 99% cure rate for new skin cancers and a 95% cure rate for recurrent skin cancers.
The technique was developed by Dr. Frederic Mohs, who recognized that skin cancer cells often grow downward and outward into the skin. Mohs surgery removes the cancer in stages, one tissue layer at a time, until all cancer cells are gone, preserving as much healthy skin as possible.