We aim to train and graduate well-rounded, balanced surgeons. As a resident, you receive a truly hands-on, operative experience. We receive feedback from fellowships about the superior operative skills our graduates bring with them.
- We promote whole person care both in our education and for our residents. Your health, career, finances, and family planning are all supported.
- You have the opportunity to gain experience in diverse areas of study, including a pediatric hospital, Level 1 Trauma Center, county setting, and concierge medicine service line.
- County and VA rotations provide you with more autonomy.
- The university and VA are essentially next door to each other, with the county hospital just 7 miles away.
- Overseas rotation opportunities in Haiti allow you to participate in service-based missions.
- Your physical health is well-supported at the Drayson Center.