Our Orthopaedics Residency program is founded on the principles of learning the fundamentals of orthopaedic surgery and building strong relationships with everyone involved in the program: faculty, residents, nursing, and office staff. We consider our department a family not only at work but socially as well.
Why Choose Us
- Communication between faculty and residents is welcome and encouraged. Faculty routinely communicate with all levels of residents (including PGY-1) via text.
- Ours is the only Level 1 Trauma Center in San Bernardino County — the nation’s largest county by land area.
- You have a wide range of clinical experiences, including at a Level 1 tertiary care center, county setting, VA hospital, and underserved federally qualified health center (FQHC).
- You have the opportunity to participate in funded overseas rotation in Haiti.
- Opportunity to live in the only North America Blue Zone®. Loma Linda was declared a Blue Zone® in Dan Buettner's November 2005 cover story for National Geographic. The term refers to areas of the world with the longest life expectancy.
- We’re located in a convenient place to live with a thriving community centered around the hospital. You can live nearby and enjoy short, local commutes without the big city traffic.