You’ll be required to complete a senior research project before graduation. Our goal is to establish a rigorous and productive research program within the residency.
Our faculty and residents are actively involved in various occupational and environmental medicine (OEM) related research. Research topics include:
- Injury management and prevention
- Employee wellness and health promotion
- Myofascial pain syndrome and trigger point injection
- Lower back pain and disability
- Hearing conservation
- Worker safety and returning to work during the COVID-19 pandemic
Research Curriculum Highlights
- Join a program with dedicated faculty mentors and a proven track record of research publication.
- Conduct research with the guidance of mentors from our program, the School of Public Health, the VA Loma Linda Hospital and the Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA).
- Present research at local, regional and national meetings.
- Devote up to four hours per week to your senior research project during PGY-3.